Thursday, January 13, 2011

We all stink a little...

When I was in high school, and still regularly attending the LDS church, I would often to go to activities with the other guys and girls my age at our ward building. Often the guys would play basketball. I was not any good at it, but I played from time to time.

One time after working up a really good sweat I went and sat on the piano bench up on the stage. My girlfriend at the time came up sitting by and embracing me from behind. I instantly became self concious of my smell.

I said something elegant like, "I stink."

To my surprise her reply was "You remind me of my grandfather".

Before I could think, I said, "Your grand father smells like BO?"

And she just cooly replied "sometimes".

I don't know what it is about that moment, but I think of her everytime I really stink now...

2 comments:

Puphigirl said...

It's funny how smells can transport us to another time or place. There are smells that I have certain associations or memories with. I thinks it's grand.

Tami said...

I vividly remember that conversation.